Worship (Adoración) Service in English @ 10 am & Español @ 1:45 pm
Inglesia del Nazareno Communidad de la Esperanza
June 1, 2014 | Claiming our Canaan : Part 1
Dr. Burnie R. Burnside
The deliverance of Israel from Egypt is a picture of our salvation. Sin takes us farther than we want to go, keeps us longer than we want to stay, and costs us far more than we want to pay.
Wandering in the wilderness pictures the carnal Christian life, going nowhere!
Canaan is a picture of the victorious Christian life. The life of victory isn’t a life of perfection, but of growth.
Every person here today is in one of these 3 locations:
* In Egypt, still in slavery to sin, and you need to be saved.
* In the wilderness, saved, but going nowhere other than in circles.
* In Canaan, excited, growing, having the joy of the Lord.
And there are 3 kinds of churches:
* Egypt churches which don’t preach salvation by grace.
* Wilderness churches with saved people going nowhere but in circles...going through the motions.
* Canaan churches where you walk in the door and you can feel the spirit of excitement, the joy, the expectancy in the air. The church is growing, people are accepting Christ, it’s a pleasure to serve, to give, to work together as a team!
This chapter shows us 3 principles that are necessities to claiming our Canaan:
PREPARATION: “Get your provisions ready” (v. 11).
If we are going to claim the promised land of Canaan we’re gonna have to change our diet and start feeding on God’s Word.
Religion becomes reality, when you aren’t just being spoon fed but you are studying and meditating on God’s word.
God gave His children 7 feasts to observe. They didn’t keep those feasts in the wilderness, only once they arrived in Canaan.
We lose our kids when they see us come to church and act holy, but then they see us go home and wander in the wilderness. To them our Christianity isn’t real and exciting, vital and alive.
In raising our kids, we don’t get what we want...we get what we are. We need a diet change, we must feast on the Word of God!
If this church gets built up and blessed it will be because the Word of God is given out and people are fed.
Where are you at? Still in Egypt, needing salvation? Wandering in the wilderness, needing direction? Let’s march forward and claim our Canaan!
© 2018 | Hope Community Church | 3600 Kings Row | Denton, Texas 76208 | 940-243-7837
designed & maintained by